Nacho Chicken Soup
400g chicken fillets
2 tins of tomatoes
1 tin of black beans (drained & rinsed)
1 litre chicken stock
75g sour cream
1 chopped pepper
1 chopped onion
2 spring onions
2 cloves of garlic minced
8 cherry tomatoes
1 dessertspoon cumin
1 dessertspoon paprika
1 dessertspoon chilli powder
Salt & Pepper to season
1. Cook the chicken at 180 degrees in the oven, once cooked chop finely or shred then set aside.
2. Stir fry the chopped pepper & onion.
3. Once the vegetables are soft add the black beans & chicken. Then stir in the cumin, garlic, paprika & the chilli powder.
4. Once the vegetables are coated in spices add the tinned tomatoes & chicken stock then season – simmer for 10 minutes to reduce.
5. Stir in the sour cream & optional extras (if you wish) simmer for a further 10 minutes.
6. Serve with finely sliced spring onion & cherry tomatoes on top.
– 4 sheets of lasagne pasta broken into strips & cooked (makes the soup more filling)
– 30g grated of Mexican spiced cheese
Dr Claire Cleland